|Release Date||13 January, 1995|
|Starring||Rakhee Gulzar, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Box Office India||₹26 crores|
|Box Office Worldwide||₹44 crores|
|Genre||Action, Comedy, Fantasy|
Day-wise Box Office Collections
|First Day||₹0.80 crores|
|First Weekend||₹2.24 crores|
|First Week||₹4.28 crores|
|Second Week||₹3.44 crores|
|Third Week||₹2.85 crores|
|Lifetime India (net)||₹26 crores|
|Worldwide Gross||₹44 crores|
Inflation Adjusted Earning
|BOTY's True Inflation Adjustments Learn More?|
|True Adj Domestic Net|| ₹288.6 (|
|True Adj Worldwide Gross|| ₹488.4 (|
Karan Arjun is one of the popular films of Indian cinema and it is an evergreen hit movie. The film gained an excellent response from the audience which appeared in huge numbers in the theatres to support the movie. Karan Arjun collected an excellent amount in the first week and showed a decent drop in the next few weeks.
It turned out to be the second highest grosser of the year 1995 and took the level of Indian cinema to a new height. Not only the film grossed an excellent amount in the domestic market but also collected a huge sum of money in the overseas. If it were released today, it would earn over Rs. 180 crores in the theatres and its worldwide collection would easily surpass the mark of Rs. 300 crores mark.
Full Cast & Characters
|ACTOR NAME||CHARACTER NAME|
|Salman Khan||Karan Singh/Ajay|
|Shahrukh Khan||Arjun Singh/Vijay|
|Mamta Kulkarni||Bindiya Singh|
|Amrish Puri||Thakur Durjan Singh|
|Aashif Sheikh||Suraj Singh|
|Jack Gaud||Shamsher Singh|
Fun Facts & Triva
- Earlier, the title of the film was decided as "Kayaant".
- The filmmakers decided to cast Ajay Devgn for the role of Karan but later Salman Khan got that role.
- It is the first movie of Salman Khan and Shahrukh Kahn on screen together.
- Juhi Chawla was the first choice for the character of Sonia in the movie.
- Karishma Kapoor was offered the role in the film, but following the rejection by her it was played by Mamta Kulkarni.
- Hrithik Roshan helped his father, Rakesh Roshan as the assistant director for the film.
- It is the only film of Salman Khan with the director, Rakesh Roshan.
- Aamir Khan was approached for the role in the movie. He liked the role but it did not suit his acting style which led him to reject the offer.