A beautiful journey of a middle-class girl & a wealthy businessman is shown in this serial. Initially, they hate each other but fate makes them face each other many times. After several incidents, both of them fall for each other. As a result, they end up marrying & sharing a romantic relationship. Later, this show launched its 2 more seasons.
TRP & Popularity Metrics
|Peak Active Viewers
BOTY Critic Review
More About Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
IPKKND is one of the most popular serials. Not only the storyline but the chemistry of the main leads was also much loved by the audience. After its successful journey, the show later launched its two more seasons.
The first season was released in the year 2011. Barun Sobti & Shanaya Irani were the main leads as Arnav & Khushi respectively. Their love cum hate story later becomes a deep love story. While Arnav is strict & serious, Khushi is a fun loving girl.
The second season this serial was titled as Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir. It was released in the year, 2013. This season had completely different characters but with a similar storyline to its prequel. In this season too, the male lead initially hates the female lead.
Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani were a superhit couple, and people kept demanding them back. Due to that, the makers decided to launch one web series on Hotstar. This series consisted of finite 8 episodes, extending the story of Barun and Sanaya. It was aired from 24 November 2015 to 15 December 2015.
In the year 2017, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 3 was launched. Barun Sobti made his comeback with this season. Shivani Tomar was the female lead. Unlike other serials, all the seasons of this serial had different characters & storylines.
One major controversy was raised when Barun Sobti announced that he will quit the show. He left the show in the year 2012 stating that he has health issues. Later, instead of replacing his character with a new face, the makers ended the show with a happy note.
Fun Facts & Triva
- The title of this popular serial was Vaidehi which was later renamed as Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon.
- This serial is available in 18 different languages.
- Karan Singh Grover was first approached to play Arnav but he declined because he wanted to focus on his film career. Later, Barun Sobti got the role.
- Shanaya Irani was not the first choice for the female lead, Shraddha Arya who is the main lead of Kundali Bhagya was the first choice.
- Along with the three seasons, one web series was also launched by Hotstar in the year 2015. The title of the series was Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Jashn. The first leads, Barun Sobti & Shanaya Irani were featured in this series.