This is the story of a guy named Saras, whose mother committed suicide when he was very young. His father has now married another woman who is an evil lady. Meanwhile, Saras falls in love with a woman named Kumud. The show revolves around how both the lovebirds struggle to be with each other, and how the evil woman tries to create problems in Saras’ path every time.
TRP & Popularity Metrics
|Peak Active Viewers||165000|
BOTY Critic Review
More About Saraswatichandra
Just like any other story, even this serial has a fair share of evilness. Saras' father marries Gumaan, who is a very selfish and evil woman. On the other hand, he wishes his son Saras to marry his best friend's daughter Kumud, who is very brilliant. But Saras refuses to marry since he has not yet come to terms with his mother's death. Later when he meets Kumud and get to know her, he realizes his mistake and proposes her for marriage. But when 1 day he comes to know that his father was cheating on his mother when she was alive, he was broken even more. He then leaves Kumud and goes back to Dubai. In the meantime, Kumud agrees to marry another man who is a drunkard and abuses her. Later Saras saves her and finally marries her.
Fun Facts & Triva
- The show was originally based on the novel of Govardhanram Tripathi, 'Saraswatichandra'.
- The serial is dubbed in Malayalam as Swayamvaram.
- This was Jennifer's first serial post her marriage to Karan Singh Grover.
- According to some sources, the show ended since Jennifer was not comfortable in getting intimate with the lead actor because Karan was having objections. And since a little intimacy is required in every love story, without it the show couldn't last long.
- This serial received numerous awards in 2013 - Favorite Jodi, Favorite Beta, Favorite Beti, Favorite International Jodi, etc.