These days, movies are judged on whether they would successfully enter the 100 Cr or 200 Cr or 300 Cr clubs. It has become a new way of identifying whether a movie is a blockbuster, super hit or a flop. Let’s have a look at which movies started these various clubs and which all movies are following the suit.
400 or 500 Crore Club
Until 2016, no blockbuster Indian movie could cross Rs. 400 Crores mark. The year 2017 changed the entire definition of Blockbuster movies. This year witnessed a major release, Baahubali 2, which created the much-required hype with “Why Katappa Killed Baahubali?”. The curiosity among people went so high that all across the world, this movie became a major blockbuster. It collected an enormous figure of Rs. 501 Crores India net.
Baahubali 2 (2017) became the only movie to enter the 400 Cr and 500 Cr clubs. So far, no other movie has managed to create that enormous aura. Let’s see if any of the upcoming movies this year would enter these clubs or not. The three Khans are coming with their respective movies in the second half this year. Will they be able to break the record of Baahubali 2?
300 Crore Club
Aamir Khan starrer PK (2014) inaugurated this 300 Cr club, with total box office collection of Rs. 340 Crores. He is famous among his fans as Mr. Perfectionist. There would be no doubt if his perfect movies are loved by everybody. And hence manage to break various Box Office Records. Various other movies which successfully entered this club and became major blockbusters are:
- Dangal (2016) – Rs. 370 Crores
- PK (2014) – Rs. 340 Crores
- Tiger Zinda Hai (2017) – Rs. 300 Crores+ (Still running at the box office)
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) – Rs. 320 Crores
- Sultan (2016) – Rs. 301 Crores
Even though Dangal could not manage to enter the 400 Crore Club, it became the highest grossing Indian Movies Worldwide of all time. At the worldwide level, Dangal became the only movie to enter Rs. 2000 Crore Club. Baahubali 2 falls short by Rs. 400 Crore, with worldwide collection standing at Rs. 1600 Crores.
200 Crore Club
Again, we could not expect any other movie to touch this mark first than Aamir Khan starrer 3 Idiots. The movie 3 Idiots was a huge success. Every single person, whether a fan of Aamir or not, loved the movie to no extent. 3 Idiots (2009) became the very first movie to enter this 200 Crore Club. Other movies which followed the suit are:
- Dhoom 3 (2013) – Rs. 280 Crores
- Krrish 3 (2013) – Rs. 235 Crores
- Kick (2014) – Rs. 231 Crores
- Chennai Express (2013) – Rs. 227 Crores
- Golmaal Again (2017) – Rs. 205 Crores
- 3 Idiots (2009) – Rs. 202 Crores
100 Crore Club
What do you think could be the first movie to start this? Yes, again an Aamir Khan starrer. 2008 release Ghajini became the first movie to enter the 100 Crore club, with the total collection of Rs. 114 Crores. During that time, collecting Rs. 100 Crore at the box office was considered to be a huge success. These days, entering this club is more or less a cakewalk for big celebs. But the small budget movies which manage to enter this club are considered huge success at the box office. The movies which have entered this club so far are:
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015) – Rs. 195 Crores
- Ek Tha Tiger (2012) – Rs. 188 Crores
- Bajirao Mastani (2015) – Rs. 184 Crores
- Happy New Year (2014) – Rs. 179 Crores
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013) – Rs. 178 Crores
- Dabangg 2 (2012) – Rs. 149 Crores
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015) – Rs. 148 Crores
- Bodyguard (2011) – Rs. 145 Crores
- Bang Bang (2014) – Rs. 141 Crores
- Dabangg (2010) – Rs. 141 Crores
- Singham Returns (2014) – Rs. 141 Crores
- Dilwale (2015) – Rs. 140 Crores
- Raees (2017) – Rs. 139 Crores
And many more… We have created the top movies list for Rs. 100 Crore Club.