Another film from Golmaal series has released today. Yes, we are talking about Golmaal Again which created a lot of buzz before its release. Since all the previous films of the Golmaal series were successful at the box office so the expectations from Golmaal Again are very high. Seeing the advance booking report of the film, one can expect Golmaal Again first day collection to be really impressive and put up decent numbers.
Poor Box Office Collection of movies in 2017
This year, Box office has not witnessed many good Bollywood films so the expectations from every new release remain high especially when it stars famous actors. First Day Collection is a very important figure as it decides the fate of the entire film. Some of the big budget films which have managed to perform well at the box office in 2017 are Bahubali, Kaabil, Raees, TEPK, and Judwaa 2.
Many Movies from Big Directors and Big stars have flopped or disappointed at the box office. JHMS & Tubelight are two such films. We hope Golmaal Again doesn’t fall in this category.
Effect of Competition from Secret Superstar
Aamir Khan produced Secret Superstar released yesterday and is seen as a big competitor of Golmaal Again. Also, the holdover release Judwaa 2 is also doing well at the box office. So, the first day of Golmaal Again is very crucial and thereafter the word of mouth would decide the future of the film. Since Secret Superstar is already released on the eve of Diwali so it has got one more day, Friday to receive positive word of mouth.
Let’s analyze how Golmaal Again should open. We will take a look at the previous movies in the series.
Previous Opening Day Collections of Golmaal Series
- Golmaal: Fun Unlimited (2006) – Rs. 2.32 crores
- Golmaal Returns (2008) – Rs. 5.89 crores
- Golmaal 3 (2010) – Rs. 8.36 crores
The film is directed by Rohit Shetty, who is responsible for many hits. The film has got Parineeti Chopra in place of Kareena Kapoor Khan and also Tabu is introduced for the first time in the series. So, it would be interesting to see how these two actors play their roles. Ajay Devgn has done well in his previous films so there are high expectations from him.
Golmaal Again First Day Collection Updates
- Prediction ( 11 AM, Friday ): As per our predictions the Golmaal Again First-day collection would be Rs 17 crores. We will keep an eye on the film’s progress and update you about the early estimates after morning shows. Do check back BOTY.
- Early Reports ( 3 PM, Friday): Early Numbers are now available and it suggests that the film is going to cross Rs. 23 crores Barrier. This is huge and perhaps the biggest film of Ajay Devgn’ career.
- Early Reports (11 AM, Saturday): The final collection has broken all records as film surpasses the mammoth Rs. 30 crore barrier. Friday’s final numbers are coming around Rs 33 crores. We will post an update with exact figure shortly.
Final Update: Golmaal Again collected Rs. 30.14 crores on its opening day and has become second highest opening day grosser of 2017.